photo Home4_zps060b74cf.jpg  photo About4_zps9c6e1293.jpg  photo FAQ4_zpsc11ed765.jpg  photo Contact4_zps701c52e7.jpg  photo Buttons4_zpsa94a853c.jpg

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Adventures in Doughnut Making



Making doughnuts sounded like it could be fun (and yummy of course) so last week I grabbed a copy of Doughnuts: Simple and Delicious Recipes to Make at Home by Lara Ferroni. This book has so many simple and fun doughnut recipes. I took the plunge and made basic rise doughnuts with chocolate glaze and boy did they turn out yummy (even though I accidentally used the wrong flour in the first step, oops!). I would say my first attempt at doughnuts was a success! Is it weird that I loved the smell of the dough and the yeast? Every time I got a whiff of it off the dough hook while I was cleaning up I went mmmm, totally normal I say.




Maybe next time I will get a bit more adventurous. There is a apple cider doughnut recipe that I am going to HAVE to try, yum yum!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...